Monday, February 1, 2010

Developing an application server/foundation - Follow up

So I see that I forgot too mention my readings in the last post about OAS. You shouldn't bee left out on that.

So my bible at the moment, is The Object-Oriented Database System Manifesto. This is wonderful reading, it tells you exactly what is needed in an object oriented database management system. It can be found free of charge right here.

Another thing I'm reading at the moment with great pleasure, is the documentation of JDO. It is a nice knowledge base, build with "simple" documentation marks in code. See the javadocs here: http://db.apache.org/jdo/api23/apidocs/index.html
Also this documentation helped me understand the need for docs in projects - since nobody would have been able to understand anything if they haven't documented well.

There probably will be some edits, but for now thats it.

No comments:

Choose a month: