Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Time - Exam and development

Last Friday(Jan 22) my exam in Object Oriented Programming and Design(OOPD) was released. Interesting assignment, due on the coming Friday(Jan 29). We are supposed to create a maze game, where you(the user) or the computer(based on an algorithm) direct an Explorer through the maze to a goal.

Why is this interesting? I tell you, as a developer[1] I see challenges instead of problems - challenges to be solved. And this was an easy task, because you had a recipe. But when you don't have one, for example with OAS thats a real challenge. So thats why I alongside with designing and developing OAS is writing a paper on the software development cycle. It's called "The four phases of software development" and is a personal guide on how to run development - but as with the blog, I'm releasing it to the public, at the moment I find Lulu[2] the best, since I've found a lot of the information I'm searching in general on Lulu.

Also I'm writing a follow up post on the original OAS post - with some litterature I'm reading.

As a side note I'm looking for a footnote "plugin" for blogger(be it browser-, offline- or web-based - fx an editor(on/off line) any good suggestions?

[1]= I prefer developer over programmer or software engineer - see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zEQhhaJsU4

1 comment:

Oleksandr Shturmov said...

lulu.com looks interesting but I read an article in Børsen today about issuu.com a young danish internet enterprise. The reason they wrote about them is that Google has chosen to feature them in the Nexus One campaign, signaling certain degree of quality. Of course, this is completely and solely digital publishing. Also be on the look-out for what Apple announces tomorrow ;) Some things point towards a publishing platform alongside everything else :)

Choose a month: