Monday, January 18, 2010

Licensing

It's been a couple of days since I put the license badge on the blog, time to explain what it means.

Thanks to David - my personal man page. I found out that the right and surprisingly easy choice was Creative Commons License. It has some choices within it, and thats what I'm going to explain in this post.

Basics first: The CC states that you can share the materials on this blog under some conditions. To share means to: copy, distribute and transmit the work. That is the base of the license, then the choices come in.

BY: You should attribute me in the manner specified by me - this will be done per post, since different posts will contain different content that I will publish in different ways.

NC: You may ot use this product commercially - which just means that you may not make money on my work. See below for futher comments on this.

ND: You may not build upon my work. This part is instantiated for now, but I'm still considering this.

These terms may not be violated, unless specific permission is given by me.

For the short and totally legal correct version see: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/


Thats all for now, stand by while I will look at my main project at the moment - while not studying for my exams.

/Nicolai

No comments:

Choose a month: